Saturday, March 9, 2013

Faunic Inspirations


As a lover of fauns and satyrs, creating a cover for Faun was a lot of fun. I found fauns in Chile (far left) from a memorial statue for the Nicaraguan poet, Ruben Dario, as well as faunic characters such as a favorite Greek statue of mine, the Marathon boy (at right). Then I met a Spanish guy who loved fauns as well, who came up with the figure at center.There are numbers of artists who are fascinated by fauns. If I could draw, I'd be one of them. But I write, so my faun is a story.
My faun, Gilberto Rubio, is an East LA skater and his Mom is devoted to the virgin, so here's what we ended up going with.


2 comments:

  1. And given that I have recently become closer to La Virgen de Guadalupe, I especially love the cover of "Faun."

    Thanks, again, for everything, and I look forward to reading about Gilberto, too.

    ReplyDelete